Earth Street

 A year, homeward I’ve come.

Raging pandemic sends me back to my abode.

My mothers lap,

In its comfort! I relished all that was missed.

Home,

where all the dreams begin.

No, my home never had an address!

It was a place where মা lived,

Wherever she was, that was home.


In the bygone years,

I have regained my dreams.

I have seen years more than my years !

In trials and errors ,

In the risks I did not take,

I’ve learnt how to love.

In my home, as the winds rage!

I take a road from my desk to the kitchen and back, a Map given by the Covid 19 routine.

In those idleness, youthfulness,

The red tulips and fairy lights welcome me!

I’m home,

Restfulness grips me, yet I know there’s a journey that awaits me.

Here is where it all began, so here I begin.

My home, no it doesn’t have an address.

It’s called the earth street! 

(pictures taken over the years Nationwide and Internationally)























Comments

Popular Posts