Bondhu - Sufi soliloquys





Cinema, Theatres and dramas along with books and music have been like magic portals to me into my own depths and  at times into the mind of the teller. Emotionally I've found expressions from them and through my writings an output. I could never fit as a flim critique ergo being a keen observer has been more of a choice, they can be used as a great medium for both good and bad causes, but that is another discussion for someplace else. Here I'd like to tell you how I befriended it - to be my bondhu, a close friend! 

I relate with it, confide in it, find my life lessons from it and even if they disclaimer mostly as a work of fiction I've often related with them with no coincidence. Similarities either drawn consciously or unconsciously, they did play an impact on the psyche intimately. 

My bondhu, in ZNMD, Uunchai, Dil Chahta hai or Ye Jawani hai Deewani or the raw friendships of Cocktail in each I found a friend in reel and sometimes in real. A guide in the clichés as well. Some costed me tear drops and in some I parted with laughters.

A childhood in Bhool Bhulaiya, Hum Saath Saath hain and K3G and many more lores in the daily pulls and pushes of a life expressed in larger than life screens.

In Zindagi Gulzar hai I found a part of myself, and in some adaptation of novels I found the hidden pennies! Many love stories told in dramas across continents is where I found my lover, sometimes he was Korean, Turk, British, Arab, Latin, Italian or French and the South Asian men stuck to my conscious longer lingering with songs of DDLJ to Khubsoorat. Whilst justifying I'm unique and not weird, jumbling many stories and scenes setting them in the scenic beauty of my life both as a protagonist and an audience. 

My bondhu, says kal ho na ho...in the hardships and lets me find opportunities in heartbreak as it sprouts hope, in hustles and hiccups finding stings of light for joy! 

Unleashing the inner strength for a Dangaal, paying Lagaan the bhag Milkha runs for the finish line relaying it to Forest Gump, whilst my About Time is yet to come- as this Phogat goes on a sabbatical.

 The story we weave ends for this season- curtain falls till another curtain call rolling on another season, we shall have sequels!

Comments

Popular Posts