Regular

Salvador Dali - Surrealism 


All I want is regular,

Oh fancy! Don't come again.

A regular home,

A mum and a dad 

My brother and I playing catch 

And my kitty cat. 


All I want 

Is a tiny balcony,

Where I see rickshaws tong along 

Chirpy birds sing their song 

Aunt talks of distant relatives,

As Ma fries condiments.

Uncle cheering Messi's winning goal 

As grandpa talks of Maradona's role,

My Grandma's lap comforts me. 


Oh the regular days,

Oh a regular life,

Sluggish in the afternoon sunlight

Counting stars at night, as coal loaded trains pass. 

Just another day

Running on moist grass,

My father's warm hand caressing my feverish sweaty head.


Ah! The fever grows on me as I wake suddenly

It's mid night, lights glare at me 

for the camera rolls!

A drama called life unfolds

God! Dint you hear? 

Regular, is what I told. 


















Comments

Popular Posts